Indexed Dropbox and Devonthink

Hello, I am not clear about my indexed (offline) Dropbox folder, who is already connected with Zotero 6 (through zotfile), but still not filled with any items through “rename and move”.

My database in devonthink 3 contains 500 imported PDFs, markdown and links. The PDFs are stored in a single folder.
Now I exported this Pdf-folder on my desktop where Zotero implemented all nicely.

I still didn’t “rename and move” from Zotero to Dropbox, because I didn’t know how the further step might be?

Either I rename and move first from Zotero to Dropbox, but then I index for Devonthink a folder was is already full of content (what might not work) or I export(?) from Devonthink to Dropbox (to have it indexed later) , but then Zotero might not work in that way?
Of course, I can “rename and move” from Zotero, deleting my database in Devonthink and then indexing the Dropbox folder from Devonthink, but then my links wouldn’t survive this procedure.

I read many hours the last days but didn’t find the final answer. Would be nice to get some help… Thanks!

So in the end you want to convert imported PDFs to indexed PDFs which are located in the Dropbox folder and ideally without losing any links?