Inspector doesn't update to newly selected file

Hi Folks:

I’m running 3.9.6 Pro edition. I’ve been working on tagging objects. The inspector pane does not update details to a the newly selected file. I have to close the inspector and reopen it to gain access to the details of the newly selected item. Has this always been the case ? I ‘thought’ that the inspector pane tracked the selected object automatically.

Thanks,

Mark

Well things got so whacked out that when in the split pane preview selected items would not appear in the lower panel. The notice was ‘no item selected’. I quit and restarted and the inspector pane dynamically updates again.

I have encountered similar issues with recent DT versions. All of the following 3 scenarios have occasionally happened to me, each more than a handful of times:

• The inspector panel does not update to match a newly selected file (same issue as that of the OP).
  • Rows in a sheet (.tsv) document cannot be selected. Editing individual cells remains possible.
  • Partial freeze of the main window in Standard view: I cannot selected another item via clicking one in the list of items, and clicking anything in the left side bar has no effect. Operations concerning the currently selected and opened file do not appear to be affected.

In all 3 scenarios, I would sigh and do something unrelated in another app, and DT would return to normal on its own after some time.

I don’t know if these 3 scenarios are related to each other, other than that all involve something freezing. Nor have I found a way to consistently reproduce any one of these issues yet.

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

I’ll do so if the condition arises again.

Thanks!

1 Like