Instructions for importing email from Thunderbird (DP Pro 2.

Can anyone point me to instructions on how to import email from a Thunderbird folder? At present it is an imap folder but I can make it a local folder if need be.

Do I just import the file representing the folder from the Thunderbird Library folder? And DP Pro parses the headers and makes individual emails from each?

If I refile email in that folder (I’m a cataloger/filer type) do I have to reimport the entire file and delete duplicates?

Thunderbird 3.1.7 on Mac OS 10.6.6.

Any instructions/links are appreciated.

Marie

I’ve never imported from Thunderbird but I recall that it is covered in the DEVONthink manual.

Hmmm, I searched for “email” in the manual and the closest I found was “Mail Rule Action Import script” I can explore that further.

Searching for “import email” on the forums etc yielded nothing either.

Not really obvious, but I’ll try the “Mail Rule Action Import script route”

Try searching for Thunderbird-I just found hits on 7 pages in the Pro Office manual. It says to select ‘File>Import>Email…’ with the Mail Source ‘Unix Mailbox…’

Edited to add: I just checked the Pro manual and I don’t see the same references to Thunderbird, so I suspect that this feature is Pro Office only. Sorry I couldn’t offer anything useful.

You are correct.

Feature comparison here shows that Email Archive is only in Pro Office

devon-technologies.com/produ … rison.html

Seriously, a bummer

M