Integrating DT3 with Outlook

I would like to ask if there was an option to send emails to DT3 or integrate a DT3 email clipper to microsoft outlook.

The wish list is to be able find emails easily and efficiently.

Would like to learn from you all whats the way forward.

p.s. the last I seen was in 2019 when it is not possible.

There is no specific plugin for Outlook. However, it is supported for email importing and mailbox archiving in DEVONthink’s View > Import sidebar.

However…

1. You must enable Full Disk Access and allow DEVONthink’s Automation requests in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.

2. We provided some AppleScripts for use in Outlook, accessible via the global script menu in the menubar at the top of your screen.

3. You need to be running the classic interface in Outlook in order for our AppleScripts to be used. Microsoft broke inter-application communication with their New Outlook interface.
    When you switch back you should be prompted with a dialog asking why you are switching back. Please select the AppleScript option and comment you need AppleScript support in the new interface. Hopefully enough people will comment and Microsoft will fix the issue.

2 Likes

Hi there, thank you for your reply - can I ask which folder is doing this and how do you apple script it ?This is my first time executing an apple script and I worry I might do something wrong by clicking it.

The global script menu is in the menu at when you’re in the other application, in this case Outlook.