Integrating with Windows

Hi there,

recent events force me to move to Windows 10. While there still will be a Mac in the household, my primary OS will Windows. Private usage of Mac will still happen, but as an employee I will be bound to Windows. Also, during traveling, I will only have Windows with me - so no more DEVONthink to take away.

As almost anything is organized around DT, with a sync store on a shared drive at home - how can I get along with Windows? Are there any Apps or programs for Windows, which are similar and are there any mechanisms to import move or better sync data between DT and such an App, maybe using scripts?

Kind regards
Carsten

Do you have the possibility of accessing the same cloud service from your Mac and the Windows machine – OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.? If so, then save/edit files on Windows to the OneDrive account (for example) and index into DEVONthink the same OneDrive folders on the Mac side.

I’m actually very interested in this scenario as well!

I have switched to Windows computer at home so I can play games lol but I still use Mac for work and just Apple ecosystem in general for anything else.

So I was wondering what is the best app I can use on Windows for note taking and such small stuff that I might still do at home that is most compatible with DevonThink in terms of exporting into DT with minimal troubles?

I’m NOT looking for an alternative on Windows since I don’t think there is any and I’m still going to use Mac as my primary computer for work, research, study, etc. Just an app that I can export from into DT with minimal effort.

Nothing with all the features, functions, and superpowers of DEVONthink anyways :smiley:

A simple method: On the PC, you could create documents, e.g, in Notepad, Word, etc., in a Dropbox folder linked to both the PC and Mac then index those folders (not your entire Dropbox directory) into DEVONthik.

1 Like