Intelligent Rules with YY instead of YYYY when renaming

Don’t - it’s really important that you get things set up the way you need them. DT is so stunningly powerful, and if you can make it fun to use as well then Bob’s your uncle.

1 Like

My apologies with my lax terminology. I didn’t mean to say document date in my response.
:roll_eyes::blush:

1 Like

Thanks! That is actually a good idea. I guess I will have to change my logic - and the creation date in my existing files. This should be globally possible by smart rules.

Don’t - it’s really important that you get things set up the way you need them. DT is so stunningly powerful, and if you can make it fun to use as well then Bob’s your uncle.

Thanks! To the both of you. I love this forum - great and quick support. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It will be; please test your rule thoroughly first, though. Ideally, back up your database (eg by copying the database file to an external disk) before running a rule which acts on every file you have. Just in case you get it wrong and all your files end up being called Frederik’s file 20210323 and created today :wink: It can be difficult to undo damage like that, and your inner monk might just go mental :crazy_face:

Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the warning! :slight_smile: