iPad and iPhone don't see sync group, DTTG doesn't see labto

I am within the same wifi network, MyDevices can see my labtop. It is an MacBook Pro, Intel, os 10.5.8.

Thank you for your help.

Have you looked at these topics:

Troubleshooting the most reported issues with DTTG
Where is the Sync Group?

?

Yes, of course. It doesn’t get me any further.

That second thread is the most active for reporting/discussing sync problems, including some responses from Dtech staff, so you might get more help by participating there.

Thank you. I went there but found no solution.

Point is there’s more activity happening there that may eventually help you than just between us two here. :slight_smile:

If you are not seeing Sync groups in DT on your desktop, you will not see your computer in DTTG nor will you be able to sync. This is not a Bonjour issue per se, but a plugin loading issue. Can you post your OS version and processor type? We are actively working to figure this out but it is clear some users are simply unable to load the plugin (in DT desktop applications) that ‘starts’ the whole process.

I see. o.k., this stays between the two of us.

My version: 10.5.8.
My processor: intel

Thanks for trying to help.

1. 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Mini (late 2009) running OS X 10.5.8
    No joy: no sync group

2. 1.5GHz Power PC Powerbook G4 running OS X 10.5.4
    sees the sync group just fine

3. iPhone 3G, iOS 3.1.3
    presumably should be able to see the Powerbook, but so far can’t

Hope this is helpful.

historydoll - if you reset your iPhone (hold the on/off and home button until you see the Apple logo), does this fix the problem with the ‘seeing’ the Powerbook? Some users report that they need to cycle their iPhones before the Bonjour magic starts happening.

What about 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo?

as I said, no joy: doesn’t see it at all

I guess I’ll wait for Michael Papp and his team to solve the problem. Thanks.

My iPad/MacBook Pro connection was working for sync until this afternoon, when suddenly the mobile device kept timing out. Going through the standard trouble shooting process of first restarting the applications, and then restarting the hardware involved, retrying with every one led to it working again. Specifically, rebooting my wireless router resolved the issue for me at this time.

Ralf

Thank you. I’ll sure give it a try.