Is there a trick for syncing "Favorites"?

Just discovered “Favorites” for DT. Is there a trick or setting to have favorites sync across devices? I’m using CloudKit and have added a few items to “Favorites” on my laptop but am not seeing the favorites show up after syncing on my iPad or iPhone. Thank you!

At this time, Favorites don’t sync between DEVONthink or DEVONthink To Go.
This is being considered for a future release.

However, the Reading List - though not the Favorites - does sync between them.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you. Glad I wasn’t causing a problem with it!

Not at all and you’re welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for this. Favorites are a quick way to access currently used groups when working with both DT editions.

+1 that would really help to quickly put together some documents for an appointment

I use Groups for gathering documents for an appointment/meeting, which sync fine.

1 Like

Hi, can I sync the favourites (~/Library/Application\ Support/DEVONthink\ 3/Favorites.plist) between my two Macs with a 3. part sync tool, or will this cause problems for DT?

/ j

You can of course copy the plist. But that makes sense only if both Macs use exactly the same databases, i.e. they’re completely in sync. Otherwise, you might have a favorite database/group/document that doesn’t exist on the other Mac. And I have no idea how that would work out.

Thank you for your comment.

They are completely in sync. Or let me rephrase; I try to keep them completely in sync :slight_smile:

Then it might work. But you should make sure that DT is not running on any of the two machines when you sync the Plist to avoid race conditions.

Good point. I better find another solution as this would certainly cause problems for me.
Perhaps I could use a smart group and tag the files as a “favorite” :thinking: