Is there a user manual

I have been using Devonthink for 10 years and am very familiar with it.

However Devonthink 3 has additional layers of functionality and complexity. I feel I need to go back to basics with it.

I remember back in the day wading through the instructional manual which is very detailed, and the take control book.

Is there a similarly detailed instruction manual for Devonthink 3 ? I can only find the help, which isn’t as detailed

1 Like

It’s available from the download page.

I can only find the help, which isn’t as detailed

That is incorrect. The built-in Help and manual are compiled from the same source, so their contents are the same. One is just accessible in the application; the other as a separate file.

Oh. Ok. Thanks… Probably could do with being more detailed. However I am sure you have your hands full with version 3 and Catalina.

Probably could do with being more detailed.

? What could be more detailed?

Are you looking at the same thing that I’m looking at? I’m seeing 236 pages of detail!

Stephen

2 Likes

Yes I think I was just looking in the wrong direction. I have just discovered the PDF. It is excellent and very detailed. Just what I was after.

Just because I’m curious, did you not see that I shared with you the link to the PDF 3 days ago?

Yes I followed your link. Thanks. Didn’t respond immediately because I have only just got to it.

More examples of how to extend capability through Scripting.

Screenshots of databases, templates, Wiki documents, and Annotation Notes documents in real life.

Screenshot examples of how exporting data can be used to create a website

Examples of clever Smart Groups and Smart Rules

Note but also…