Is there a way to modify the "Project" template?

Hi,

I’d like to know if there is a way that I can modify the Project template to change the names of the folders that are generated. There are several different kinds of projects that I have–classes, writing projects, etc.–for which the folders generated by the current template are inadequately named, and it would be great not to have to rename the folders each time I use the template.

Thanks.

Richard

Here you go, assuming that you work in English:

1. Quit DTP and navigate to the ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Templates.noindex folder and make a copy of the Project.templatescriptd script. If you make changes to the original, then your changed template could be lost if an update to DTP overwrites the template.

2. Right-click on the new copy and select ‘Show Package Contents’ and then navigate to Contents>Resources>en.lproj.

3. In the en.lproj folder you have a ‘New Project’ folder and several sub-folders and documents. Customize the sub-folders as needed as this is what is imported to the database when the script runs. Leave ‘New Project’ named as is, as you are prompted to rename this folder when the script runs.

Adding to Greg’s advice, when you modify the hierarchy inside ‘New Project’ you can add copies of documents as well as folders. If your projects use some standard files (e.g., a template for OmniPlan, or a Pages template for project reports, or such), then this is helpful when the project is set up. DTP merely imports everything in ‘New Projects’ when you create a project.