Issues/suggestions for archiving Outlook 2011 Email to DTPO?

I have DT Pro Office. I need a good archive for hundreds to thousands of Outlook 2011 emails including their attachments which consist of MS Office 2011 documents and PDFs. I need to be able to discard the emails once archived in DT so they need to be “stored” in the DT database. I won’t need to use them as “emails” (no need to Reply, etc.) but I will need to be able to search them and to retrieve the attachments. And then of course sync them with my other Mac. (I use Devon Sync.)

This is not the Apple Mail app. Different rules apply.

I would like to know any and all issues and/or suggestions on using DT this way. I have tried the automatic archive thing a couple of years ago and it was extremely slow just to tell it what I wanted to archive. And then it would often die part way through the process and after that it was all messed up. Maybe it has gotten better or maybe DevonTech is not that interested in MS Office integration?

I hate to post a “me too” reply, but here it is.
I have some thousands of email messages that I’d like to archive in DTPO and end up with DTPO spinning, and eventually Microsoft Outlook crashing. I’ve tried limiting the number of messages I want to import to some hundreds, but that didn’t help in the slightest.

The end result was no email messages imported, and a waste of 30 minutes fooling around trying to make it work.

I’m using a MacBook Pro with a 2.6 ghz intel core i7 and 16 gigs of RAM. It’s the current version of the MBP, and running Mavericks 10.9.1.

The email import feature seems to work okay without crashing for me but I was looking for a solution to extract the attachments so I didn’t have to open each individual eml file in DTPO to access the attachment once they were imported.

If you are ok with losing the connection between email and attachment (which is really still there since the attachment is embedded in the eml file) try this in Outlook before you import them. It uses Outlook’s built in rule engine to extract the attachments into a folder.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macoutlook/can-i-save-multiple-attachments-from-multiple/f54d4bc1-2788-4ea2-9f40-ebb12252ac2c?rtAction=1394651069608

Henry