Item keeps reappearing in Inbox

I imported a group of nested folders into my global inbox, then later moved them to the desired database. I’ve since noticed that this same group of folders reappears in the inbox–multiple identical copies. I’ve tried moving them to the trash, then emptying the trash, and they still keep appearing. If I do nothing, they keep multiplying.

Which version/edition of DEVONthink do you use? And how did you exactly import them to the global inbox?

I’m using DEVONthink 3.0.4 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

I imported by clicking on a download link in my browser, which brought up a Save-As window. My DT Inbox shows up in my Favorites, so I would have selected the Inbox, then clicked on Save.

After I cleaned out my Inbox last night, there was another copy waiting in my Inbox this morning. Bringing up a Get Info window showed the Added date to be today (Mar 4), but the Created date to be the day I originally imported it (Feb 28).

Edit: I’ve noticed that this behavior seems to occur coincident with importing some other document. Each import seems to trigger the appearance of another copy of this folder (and its sub-folders) in the global Inbox.

This sounds like it could possibly be the same as some of what I’ve been experiencing as well, For me though its like I will end up with duplicate groups but then some of the items in each will show as duplicates while others will not, which made me really cagey to be deleting any of those that weren’t blue (since I typically make use of that setting), because I don’t want to end up missing any important files by accidentally assuming that the files were not going to

Instead of deleting the entire group outright I initially tried making sure to get all of the files which weren’t showing as duplicates into the same group in order to be able to then delete the often unnecessary copy, which often (though not always) will have identical creation date to the other file.

It would be one thing if when I created the file or folder there was another one in existence, or I was already well aware of the existence of a duplicate copy I hadn’t gotten around to fixing, but it’s in brand newly created folders whose parents are already indexed, making them indexed by extension, or even in groups that I had taken the time to get sorted out, more than once which is something that I’m positive of.

Are there any files in the folder ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox in your home directory?

~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox was empty.

I finally went ahead and moved the entire problematic folder/group tree out of DT (it was mostly source & build files that didn’t really need to be in DT), then emptied the DT cache and ran some more test imports. Since then, the problem has not repeated.