It's there! DTTG 2.0 is in the store ...

1. I am not the Developer. I am Support.
  2. The Developers are usually busy “developing”. That’s their main role.
  3. We have channels in place to funnel information to the appropriate places for the most effective action. The Forum is a place for discussion. Our Support system is for handling problems like crashes.

We are asking for cooperation in the process. There are defined ways of doing things. This is ours.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I already submitted my positive review to the Apple App Store.

VERY happy with the app and it just works seamless, like an old Mercedes :wink:.

My wife tested it and also bought the upgrade and same thing for her - not one single problem.

Thanks @Basil :smiley:

I do not agree with rockrink. Support tickets are our “official” way to speak to the developers. I have a feeling it would be very hard to search a forum and categorize all sorts of errors. Especially since many errors (at least for me) have to do with HOW I use the app and also WHAT TYPE of file I am working with.

DevonThink is by far the best company answering tickets if they are asked in a way so that the developer understands. I have started three tickets during my years of using DTPO/DTTG and was answered promptly and all three times I could actually have found the answers in the manual. Think I wrote a post about it earlier - when you have used DTPO/DTTG for some time the manual is actually excellent!

But I also use this forum for the rest of my questions. Played with the “sharp” version of DTTG 2.0 now for two days and it just works excellent. If you are happy with it, I would think it is great to write a review in the Apple App Store. The more people that is buying and using DTTG the better the app gets.

I like it when people post their problems and bugs here, because it lets the rest of us know what other users are having trouble with, allows us to discuss possible solutions (sometimes leading to improvements, and other times learning more about the app), and is a great record of advice that will help users in the future. But, we also need to file tickets, because if you are a developer, it hardly makes sense that you have to comb through forum posts to find relevant information, and then create the ticket yourself for your own records. The developers do read these forums and they often comment here. It is great for keeping in touch with the user base, but a terribly inefficient way to debug the product. Let’s post and create tickets.

As for the icon, I am quite keen on the new one, and I am glad they went with it, though I would strongly recommend putting an explanation in the app store (if it isn’t already there), and more prominently on the website about what it is (it isn’t immediately obvious what an abstract image of a shell has to do with “devon” or “think”). This lets folks know that the company is into AI, which is one of the app’s most important features for me (on OSX).

I like the update. I have several suggestions for improvement that I hope DT will consider implementing, but it is working fine for me overall, so I don’t really have any complaints. I am just happy to have such a wonderful app on my iPad.

Thanks @FROBGOBLIN :smiley:

FROBGOBLIN, totally agree! You word what I think better.

It would be really helpful for people like me who have no technical background if there were youtube videos on how to set up the synching. One moment I get it to work, and I really love it when it does. The editing feature is fantastic! I just got a new phone also (6s) and am thrilled when DTTG 2.0 works. But I hit a wall because one moment the syncing is good, the next I get a message that the server is busy. I am also not sure what I am doing with Bonjour and syncing. (I can access my database through my browser, but then what?).

An additional question: I see an email associated with the syncing process. Can I use it to email items and receive them directly in DTTG 2.0?

This is not Syncing. It is Web Sharing, an entirely different technology.

:question: I am not sure what you’re referring to.

Hi Anna - I was just as confused at times. Maybe have a look over here: https://discourse.devontechnologies.com/t/still-getting-confused-with-local-network-options/20396/1

There’s quite a bit to get through, but maybe you’re doing the same I was, getting mixed up between Local Networks and Bonjour? Maybe have a look, and see if the responses there clarify things?