it's urgent: Export to XML

How can I export to XML from DT Pro.

Thank for fast answer

XML means files containing markup elements that describe how text elements are to be interpreted and/or displayed.

There are in fact many ‘flavors’ of XML files, some designed for use with proprietary applications. Quite a few applications use XML markup language in their files. But that doesn’t mean that a different application can make sense of such an XML file, e;g. accurately render a word processor file that uses XML markups.

DT contains a command for exporting text files as OPML, which is an XML file type designed to handle outlines.

DT Pro can read a number of XML files. See online Help:

"HTML, XML, etc.

In addition to the text encodings already listed, DEVONthink Pro Office supports the standard HTML transcriptions for special characters (for example German umlauts and French accents.) HTML can also be converted to plain text using Data > Convert >. XML files of any kind can also be imported and are displayed using syntax colouring. Preference property lists of Mac OS X 10.4 are binary and are converted on-the-fly to readable XML.

Also, DEVONthink Pro Office supports web archives to store HTML pages, including all necessary images for displaying them offline.

Extensions: .asp, .aspx, .cgi, .cfm, .dtd, .ent, .htm, .html, .idata, .jhtml, .jsp, .mhtml, .ompl, .ooutline, .php, .php3, .php4, .phtml, .plist, .sgm, .sgml, .shtm, .shtml, .wml, .xbl, .xhtm, .xhtml, .xml, .xmloutline, .xsl, .xslt, .webarchive"

I don’t think there’s a simple answer to your question, except that DT isn’t intended to add markup language broadly for the many types of XML files out there.

I’ll leave it to Christian to add more detailed comments.