Agreed… The .1 release is my idea of soon ![]()
The ix500. That’s the new-fangled one, isn’t it? (I’ve got the S1500M, bought in 2010 if I recall correctly, right after I got DevonTHINK Pro Office 2.0)
– Barry
Actually, this has been discontinued for the iX1600.
the ix500 is quite old. Still works like a champ!
I went to the ScanSnap website and downloaded ScanSnap Home for the latest models. During the install, it asked what model I had and the iX500 was an available selection. So I’ve got the latest 3.1.1 version. HOWEVER it is still Intel code. Ricoh needs to get their act together!
Welcome @tomalmy
We wish we had some say in such matters, but alas.. ![]()
I, too, have used Fujitsu ScanSnap scanners with DT since the beginning. First an S1500M scanner purchased in 2011 and then a Fujitsu iX500 in 2018. Even though it was working fine, I bit the bullet and replaced the ix500 with a Ricoh ScanSnap ix1600 when it went on sale at Costco in Canada where I live. Although Ricoh bought out Fujitsu’s ScanSnap line, I found it to be even better than the ix500 (much faster scanning, better feed mechanism and much better digital panel). It had not trouble moving over to macOS Tahoe 26. I’d highly recommend it. I can’t imagine any document scanner doing a better job.
My i500 works just the same under Tahoe as before. Attached to my MacBook Pro via USB and scanning happily with ScanSnap Home… I wouldn’t be too worried. Martin
Martin, which software version are you using?
Followed you and worked great. Certainly not intuitive! See you on MPU Talk.
i was so annoyed by all the lacking support of Canon that i started using NAPS - but really didnt like the interface and missed batch scanning without “no paper in feeder” errors and autocrop for pages that are non A4 sized.
so i created this little macos app: TOSAYN - The Only Scanner App You Need - would love to hear feedback if something not working or when it is
(its currently free on gumroad - just grab it)
hope this helps some of you
Something to note is that the ScanSnap Home software is Intel-only if you’ve had it a long time, and runs under Rosetta. There is an ARM binary available, but the auto updater won’t update to it, you have to go to the web site and download the appropriate installer and reinstall.
Not sure why they don’t just make a universal binary and give it to everyone…
Thanks for pointing that out. This is really new.
The question is, will the ARM binary work with the ix500 because it is not on the supported list any longer. Has anybody already tested this?
My S1300i still works with ScanSnap Home. I have a MacBook with an M2 Max chip. I don’t know how long I’ve had the scanner. I can’t remember.
My ix500 still works perfectly with MacOS 26.5.2 and DTP4 and the ScanSnap Home (Silicon) app. Which problems do you have?
I guess they are anticipating problems when Rosetta disappears and macOS does not run Intel software anymore
Maybe I did not understand the problem (I have not read the full thread). However, since some months there is also a ScanSnap Home Version for Silicone Macs, so no Rosetta is needed to run this software: Scanner Software Downloads | ScanSnap Official Site - Europe
The ix500 is not listed, but works smoothly for me (at least for scanning to DPT4) on my macbook (M2 silicone processor) without Rosetta
Thanks for the hints everyone. I can now confirm that the Mac ARM Version still works with my ix500. So everything is fine.
If I could only find a way to get rid of the popup after a scan showing the scanned document and some other options. Since I scan directly into the DT inbox, the file is already there and does not need to be copied, confirmed or whatever.
It’s unclear what you’re referring to, especially as ScanSnap Home and DEVONthink both potentially has secondary dialogs that can appear.
If in DEVONthink, disable OCR > Searchable PDF: Enter metadata after text recognition.

