Kein SyncStore mehr möglich (MagentaCloud/Dropbox/iCloud)

Hallo, ich bin seit einigen Jahren Devonthink Nutzer und habe etwa seit Einführung von DTTG2 einen Syncstore bei der Telekom liegen gehabt um iPhone und iPad mit meinen Datenbanken zu synchronisieren. Kurzfristig hatte ich die Daten auch mal in der Dropbox liegen, aber aus Platzgründen bin ich dann zur MagentaCloud gewechselt.
Jetzt habe ich mir zusätzlich zum MacbookPro (10.11.6) einen iMac (10.13.3) zugelegt, der mit den gleichen Daten gefüllt werden soll. Leider war es nicht möglich den iMac mit dem SyncStore zu verbinden. Es kam immer die Fehlermeldung:

Die Zugangsdaten sind korrekt.
Nach einigen Anmeldeversuchen hat das Macbook auch Synchronisationsfehler gemeldet. Daraufhin habe ich den Syncstore in der Cloud gelöscht und wollte ihn neu anlegen. Das scheitert aber daran, dass das Macbook jetzt den gleichen Fehler, wie anfangs der iMac, meldet. Versuche ich auf die Dropbox auszuweichen, erscheint beim anklicken von “neues Dropbox-Konto” nur ein rotierender Kreis oberhalb des Dropbox Logos und sonst passiert nichts. Beim Versuch die iCloud zu verwenden erscheinen keine Daten auf dem iMac. Ich vermute das auch keine Daten hochgeladen werden und der SyncStore zwar lokal auf meinen Rechner liegt, aber nicht synchronisiert wird. Wenn ich mein iPhone, wo immer noch der nicht mehr vorhandene Syncstore eingetragen ist, synchronisiere, legt es diesen in der MagentaCloud wieder an.
Auf beiden Macs ist DTPO 2.9.4 installiert.

Ich bin etwas ratlos und frage mich was ich tun kann, damit ich meine Geräte wieder synchronisiert bekommen?

mit freundlichem Gruß

The current version of DEVONthink is 2.9.17. Please download a new installer from here and replace your current version: Downloads

Do not run a third-party uninstaller. If your browser isn’t set to open safe downloaded files, just double-click the ZIP file to decompress it. Then double-click the disk image to open it, and drag and drop the application into the /Applications folder, allowing it to overwrite the old version when you’re prompted.
(There is no danger to your data when you do this. (1) Your data is not stored in the application, and (2) we would not give you instructions that would jeopardize your data.)

Note: You should not rely solely on the Check For Updates function. Also, we announce updates on our blog and social media.

Also, in our experience, MagentaCloud is fast but unreliable. You may want to consider an alternative, like CloudMe.

That’s interesting because it’s the other way round for me.
With CloudMe I have always lot of problems with the availibility of the CloudMe services itself.

Since 5 month I’m using MagentaCloud for my main databases and I do not observe any problem in this timeframe. Dropbox will also work fine but in reliability it is no difference to MagentaCloud.
iCloud is iCloud and a little bit special, but will work also fine with DT-

In short: May be you should consider to implement MagentaCloud again as a predefined sync service (as before). The reliability is a lot better as with Cloudme and is also an European data center.

MagentaCloud may be reliable for you but it has generally not been the case. The decision to remove the MagentaCloud template was the product of many support tickets over a long, long period of time.

Also, you can already create a WebDAV sync location pointed to MagentaCloud, if someone desires to use it.

PS: We can’t vouch for or control the reliability or reachability of any cloud service, nor can we account for the inherent weaknesses of using a remote sync solution. Issues with a specific service, especially having things like 502 errors, etc. would have to be taken up with that service’s support team, not us.

If bad reports for another cloud service piled up consistently over a long enough period of time, we would have to consider removing the template for it as well. CloudMe has not had a high level of reports ever since we decided to add it due to their WebDAV services.

This was only a personal suggestion, but I can unterstand your statement concerning the pre-implemented WebDav services. And I know it is possible to use any WebDav server with individual configuration (like with MagentaCloud)

However, “CloudMe” was a big disappointment for me; a lot of sync errors and frequently the server was not available for days. Especially for Telekom Germany customers (with free 25GB) I can recommend MagentaCloud as a very reliable WebDav service

Thanks for sharing your experience. Perhaps if enough good reports will pile up over time we could consider re-adding it in the future. Prost! :slight_smile:

And, thanks a big Prost for the new DT 3 .
It is a great tool and a good base for further development (i.e reminders, custom metadata and a lot more)

However, that is a now enough english in this german forum - also Prost

:stuck_out_tongue:
Ja, DT3 ist in vielerlei Hinsicht ein Sprung nach vorne.

Denken Sie daran, dies ist ein Betatest, der zum Testen und Finden/Berichten von Fehlern gedacht ist, damit wir ihn für die öffentliche Veröffentlichung solider und stabiler machen können. Die Behebung von Fehlern hat Priorität. Im Moment ist es daher wichtig, konsequent reproduzierbare Fehler zu finden und zu melden.

Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung bei diesem Prozess. :slight_smile: