Limit results to this year and last

I’ve set up a handful of search sets for news about vendors in my field. At first, I got results with news from years ago. So I added “2020” and “2019” to the search terms. But even that doesn’t help; I still get the same very old pages.

What’s the trick? Is there a trick? I can’t think of any. Is there any way to limit results to just this year and last year?

You could try to add search terms and operators to your search. There are some examples in the documentation.

Like so in your search string (a bit uncomfortable)

name:NAME additionDate>=2018-01-01 00:00:00 +0100 additionDate<2020-01-01 00:00:00 +0100 scope:Database-Name

Like so in the interactive search just below the search bar (that’s in German, but I think you get the idea):

Thanks for your reply. However, though those operators work fine in DTP, they are not among DevonAgent Pro’s operators. At least they’re not listed among them. I did a quick test and got zero results.

Sorry, I hadn’t noticed that you were asking about Devon Agent

Which plugins and/or sites do these sets use?

Hello cgrunenberg

Plugins: Several search engines (Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing, Yahoo, and one or two others), a handful of news sites (BBC News, New York Times, etc), the Google blog search, Linkedin and Twitter.

Sites: It crawls 26

In this case the only possibility is to sort the results by date.