Logseq + DT3 integration and workflow

Hey there!
Is there anyone who’s using both Logseq + DT3 ?
How do you integrate each other, and what’s your workflow ?

3 Likes

Great question & look forward to responses!

I use both. I absolutely loooooove working with logseq. I index only the 3 folders /journals /pages /assets, leaving out /logseq which is full of unnecessary files to index.

1 Like

Do you use the combo on mobile too with DTTG? How does it feel ?

Since Logseq has an iOS app, I use it, and it works great. On mobile I seldom use DTTG.

But if the Logseq folder is inside a DT database, how you instruct logseq on mobile in pointing to the folder ?

I do not import any logseq folder into Devonthink, I only index them. In that way they are staying in the default cloud folder, and I do not need to worry about syncing with mobile.

I apologize for my ignorance, I didn’t know It was feasible. How can I index without importing ?

In the official Help section in Devonthink under the category “Import data” you will find detailed instructions on how to Index and the difference to importing.

2 Likes

Please read and understand the In & Out > Importing & Indexing section of the built-in Help and manual bofore committing to indexing.

2 Likes

I know this thread is a year old but I have had some recent experience with LogSeq that might be pertinent,
I’ve made a tentative dive into LogSeq after I was intrigued by a couple of use-cases I witnessed on YouTube. I tried very briefly to Index the main folders in DevonThink but there’s so much non-standard Markdown like stuff that doesn’t translate that they’re not very readable in preview mode. I couldn’t see a reason to do it anyway, at least not the way I plan on using it. I ditched that idea fast. But overall the first impression is good. A very ornate scratchpad where it’s easy to categorize snippets (i.e. Blocks in LogSeq terms) and link it all together quickly.

For now, on the first full week with Logseq, I can see it being useful to wrangle the firehose of issues that cross my desk. I never thought that an outliner would be something I would need or use but that has already become very helpful.
Having become pretty handy with writing in Markdown from my use of DevonThink it’s an easy jump to the way LogSeq works.
I am nursing the VERY slight urge to switch my Journalling over to LogSeq as I’ve maintained a text only journalling process for a few years. But there are a few reasons that I won’t do that, first of which is that I don’t want to run multiple Graphs, as LogSeq calls them. The way DevonThink has multiple databases that can stay open all the time and I can move stuff between them simply, is a real strength.

DevonThink is where all the files and emails and what I call “issue” management goes, that is, long term planning and tracking of issues related to, in TV/Film terms, things that have been shot and things that will be shot in the future, new technologies and management of personnel and hardware. DevonThink will remain the first thing I open and organize my daily work around. But now it has a sibling, for the immediate future at least, in LogSeq where I can deal with the short term problems and meetings and small fires that need extinguishing.

FYI - going through the process of using Github to sync my desktop and iOS versions of LogSeq was a real head stretcher. I got it working eventually but it’s not for the faint of heart. I would recommend almost any other way of sync if you don’t have the blind stubbornness needed to figure out geeky stuff like Github repos and Push/Pull/Fetch and pass up every opportunity to get off that on-ramp for an easier solution.

Interesting and we’re glad to hear we’re still your first choice for the prom :heart: :wink:

1 Like