Looking for a programmer to help automating in AppleScript and VBA for Excel

Hello everyone,

I love my DevonThink. But my knowledge in automating and programming is very limited, or even less :slight_smile: And I really would like to use the great opportunity to automate more and try to be more efficient.

So I am looking for someone how is capable of programming some different scripts for me in AppleScript and VBA for Excel, so I could run those for specific tasks. I thought for example of extracing specific files from the database and writing them in specific manners into an excel database in order to provide my tax-related documents.

And I have some different ideas and do not know how to start. And my current time-slots to learn those languages are so limited (I have two baby girls at home, that take a lot of time and energy. So I thought of looking for someone to help me on this manner. I am totally willing to pay somehow or find other ways to show my gratitude.

So if there is someone out there, willing to help me out… I am here. :slight_smile: :person_raising_hand:

You haven’t been very specific about the data needed in Excel, but it may be possible to generate a sheet in DEVONthink - a .tsv file. Excel will open these files.

Well, I did not want to put too much boring details into my call for action at first. I did not expect that I would work on those scripts in detail within this forum, but just wanted to call for someone here that would be able to help on a PM basis.

But thanks for the idea with the tsv-file. I will take a further look into this.

Hi,
If you are still on the lookout for some help I would be glad to help you out, as what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise.

Please PM me here and we can discuss your particular situation.

Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew

(Welcome @Andrew2 - post edited for privacy)