Looking for tutorial for Bonjour sync

Just my personal experience: You are correct to suggest using Bonjour for home devices.
I find using bonjour is convenient for sync with devices such as iPad and iPhone because they are always near my computer.
The only confusion I have during the time of setup, without reading the manual, is the incoming connections arrangement. Only after reading the manual I find that port and incoming connections setup is only needed for the server of database, not the devices.

1 Like

Hey all,

Revisiting this discussion.

I’m setting up direct connection/Bonjour between DT3 macOS (server) and iPad (DTTG). On the iPad, I’m getting a “Warning” window saying “purging older contents was disabled as a server needs data to serve…” Do I hit OK on this?

One other question - in macOS DT sync settings was I meant to set up a “Local sync store” as well? I did this. A bit confused :slight_smile: hehe!

THANKS!

This is what I get when I click Bonjour in DTTG settings > sync > Bonjour. I put the Bonjour password in that I set in macOS DT3. The password’s there it’s just not showing in the screengrab… I didn’t put the port number in.

Ah! Right! Then I select this Local Network here

Still: what’s the “Warning” about? And was I right to set up the local sync store on my macOS?

AND do I need this “Local sync store” I’ve created or just the “mobile@ipad-5”?

:slight_smile: Thanksssss