Losing Focus when in Sidebar

Occasionally (actually, quite a lot), I use the Sidebar to rename groups and/or tags. It’s a convenient place to do this, as they all show up in one place from all my open databases.

BUT, when I’m (say) renaming an item in the Sidebar, mid-edit I frequently lose the focus from the item I’m editing. DT simply discards the in-flight rename, reverts to the original name and (since I’m mid-typing) starts beeping at every following keystroke. This happens about 50% of the time I’m doing a simple item rename, and seems to happen a lot when a new group or tag is selected. It doesnt happen when I rename the item in one of the list views.

This doesnt seem to relate to any content I might have open elsewhere (I dont have a web page open in another window for example, as I know they are notorious for stealing focus). All I have is a Standard View window arrangement with “No Selection” in the preview pane and a list of items above it.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior, but it’s kind of annoying.

I’m guessing this is in an actively syncing database.

I was trying to see if there was any correlation with the “syncing” pop-up that appears at the bottom of the sidebar, but I’m guessing that very brief sync operations dont trigger the pop-up (but do steal focus). But yes, I was thinking that might be to blame. I’ll experiment a bit to verify.

Are you editing a few items in a row and the focus is lost after the second or third, etc.?

The Activity pane shouldn’t cause this. But is it possible that RSS feeds, smart rules, scripts etc. modify the database at the same time?

I dont use RSS feeds, smart rules (yet) or scripts at the present time. To the best of my knowledge there are no magical background things running to steal the focus.

Could you please send a screen recording of the issue to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Maybe we’re able to reproduce it then. Thanks!