lost everything but pdf's

A couple days ago I went to open devonthink personal and it said there was a corruption and I needed to rebuild. I did. Things didn’t look right but I didn’t have time to mess with it.

I finally checked it out tonight and it’s bad. Many files are missing, and the ones that are there are wrecked. Formatting is all wrong and most of the info is gone. Some are just a few random characters. Many have about half of the characters, but formatted randomly, or all run together. The pdf’s are all fine.

I wish I had paid more attention to the error messages, but I have had such faith in DT I had know idea such a disaster might be in the works.

I tried the backups but they are screwed up to. I wish I had more than 3 selected.

I keep 2 complete backups of my hard drive, but when I checked them the DT info is not there. Why? Who knows, never underestimate the ability of computers to screw things up. I have a copy of my DT stuff on another computer, but I haven’t synced it in weeks. Better than nothing though.

I switched from stickybrain to DT after a ton of research because I wanted something more stable and reliable. I’ve been happy with it but I think I just need to go to individual notes in the finder. I used to think that was silly, but now I see why people do it.

bb