Mail plugin shortcut

Not so sure in understand: you say “Th logged issue is not related to the Mail plugin.” nevertheless, the thread is obviously on the Mail Plugin by looking at the title.

Do you want to open another thread?

I’m aware of the title of course but this issue is caused by the installation of the Google Chrome extension. Just open the URL DEVONtechnologies | Handbooks and Extras in Chrome to get it.

I do not even have Chrome installed on my macbook. All I am loooking for is to get the Mail plugin installed and functional.

At least the option to install the extension for Chrome seems to be enabled. A screenshot might be useful.

Here it is:

The plugin is already installed but you might have to enable it in the preferences of Mail (see the options description).

I have this issue for some time now. Now that I am using the Mail plugin more often and would like to know if there is a wat to fix this, or to choose another keyboard shortcut?

Shift-Control-Option-Command-M works.
Control-Option-Command-M does not work. Using the menu item does work as expected.

I tried the steps posted above to reinstall the Mail plugin, but is did not fix this.

Some extra info:

• Latest DT update
  • System language is set to Dutch (not sure if this could be related)
  • could not find any other app using the same shortcut
  • assigning the shortcut to other actions does not work

Is it possible that a system-wide shortcut (e.g. a service) or another app uses already this shortcut? Pressing the shortcut or choosing the menu item shouldn’t make a difference.

Try ShortcutDetective.app

Try CustomShortcuts.app. It makes it easier to use the full path to an menu item, just start typing the first letters of the menu, then of the submenu and so on.

Thanks! I just used ShortcutDetective and it looks like the Logitech Daemon is somehow using this shortcut for something… not sure if I can change that… I’ll try to find out.

again …

Ah! That is a bit annoying :slight_smile:, but it seems to be something that might be fixed in the future by Logitech. I built a macro in Keyboard Maestro to workaround this issue.

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have followed these steps exactly. Turned on full disk access etc, and reinstalled plugin, restarted both program, ran them in the order suggested, reinstalled plugin. I have “activated” it in mail.app multiple times with the forced mail restart, and the devonthink 3 import menu items never show up under the messages menu.

Is your Home directory on the internal drive or on an external?

Since the latest Logitech Options update the Add to DEVONthink - CTRL-Option-Command + M shortcut work again as expected… seems Logitech removed the global shortcuts from the software.

2 Likes

I have just installed Sonoma. Now I can’t find “Command-Control-Option-M” anymore. Where could. it be or how can I reinstall it?

You can’t. This has been asked and answered on the forums already. Please use the available search function.

But here is the answer again…
Apple deprecated Apple Mail plugins and broke things for all third-parties who develop (and also sell) these plugins. There is nothing we can do about this. Their mail extensions, are (1) very basic and limited, not capable of providing the functionality of our plugin, and (2) have really not been further developed further or improved by Apple in the 4-5 years since they announced them. Logically, mail extensions have not been adopted by most developers and now Apple has left them – us included – with no functional replacement.

Alternative methods for importing emails into DEVONthink:

• Drag and drop from many (though not all) email clients: to the Finder and into DEVONthink, into the Sorter, or into a database directly
  • Mail scripts in scriptable email clients
  • Mail rule scripts in Apple Mail
  • DEVONthink’s View > Import sidebar still works, albeit more slowly without the plugin
  • You can also export mailboxes to .MBOX format is some email clients. The exported .MBOX files can be dropped onto DEVONthink’s dock icon to be imported.

Also make sure DEVONthink has Full Disk Access and its Automation requests allowed in System Settings > Privacy & Security.

Thank you again. I had the question and the answer before, maybe some 5 or so years ago. But somehow I got it installed again.
But when it’s over it’s over. I have tried out the import sidebar approach It works well. I was only used to go through the mails in Apple mail and move those on which I had to work on into DT. Now the workflow will be a little bit different. But I can live with it.

Best Regards

Götzt.

You’re welcome.