make something at [location specifier] values

Hi,

I’m still perusing documentation and the AS dictionary . I also just discovered Script Debugger, so you know, mind blown.

I’m trying to make sense of what I can do with the ‘make’ command, and I can’t find any information about the ‘at’ parameter of type ‘location specifier’ . Is there somewhere I would be able to see the enumerated values that are valid for the type of ‘location specifier’

I know from stumbling across some snippets here that ‘beginning’ and ‘end’ are valid values but is there a place I can see all of them?

Thanks for any pointers.

make is part of the Standard Suite and may not be specifically implemented by the application. This would be true of any app with AppleScript capabilities.

Thank you @korm and @BLUEFROG,
I guess ‘location’ and ‘location specifier’ are as I understand it two different things? From the docs it looks like location has a couple of different contexts to which it is attached; as a property of a ‘record’, or as an enumeration of ‘type3’? I can only find reference to ‘location specifier’ as the type of the ‘at’ parameter for ‘make’. I might be confusing the context from which those values are coming from.

set theWin to open window for record theRecord
-- tell text of theWin to make new paragraph with data("foo") at [location specifier]
tell text of theWin to make new paragraph with data("the beginning" & return) at beginning
tell text of theWin to make new paragraph with data(return & "the end") at end

In the case above, the ‘location specifier’ (beginning, end) is relative to the text of the window, right? Is there a way for me to see or get all of the enumerations in this context?

Unfortunately my Google-fu is not good enough to create good queries out of generic terms like ‘make’ and ‘at’ and ‘location’

Thanks again for any insight

location is the path inside the database, as korm pointed out.
location specifier is positional and often refers to a group of items. For example…

tell application id "DNtp"
	tell text of think window 1
		make new paragraph at end with properties {text:"Mom"}
		make new paragraph at beginning of paragraphs with properties {text:"Dad"}
	end tell
end tell

Thanks, for that information. I’ll see what else I can dig up in the Applescript Language Guide.