.manifest missing of database error

OK. I enabled and tried the Bonjour. That has another issue, “Database Busy” error. One problem after another. I need to take a break and start from scratch after reading the book one more time. Thanks

Yep. Database busy is a routine notice. It’s working for you and when it’s busy, it’s busy. Just let it be busy. Computers like to be busy.

2 Likes

OK. This morning I uninstalled all iOS and IpadOS installations. Cleared all database locations on both laptop and desktop. I also deleted all my databases from both desktop and laptop. Created a new database on the desktop. Enabled new iCoud kit sync on the desktop. I added to text files. On my iPhone I reinstalled the app and enabled iCloud kits. No I’m getting the same error message on the iPhone.Do you think I could have a problem with my iCloud syncing? I have a pretty stable and fast network as well as Internet speed. What else can I do to start fresh? Should I uninstall the desktop app as well? So frustrating.

You made no mention of “cleaning” any sync locations.

I cleaned the locations both on Macbook and desktop. I just realised an odd issue. I create the database on the desktop. Select the Sync location. Check the box next to database and sync. On my laptop the database I just created is not showing under remote…

As I have mentioned before, and as documented in the Manuals, the suggestion is to clean the sync locations. You are not saying you have done that.

I have cleaned the sync locations on both laptop and DT. OK here is an odd thing happening, and not in the manuals. WHen I create a database on the MBP (running Catalina), it shows up in the iCloud (CloudKit) as remote. When I create the database on my DT which is running Big Sur, it does not show up in the MBP. This is very strange…Seems like there is a sync issue on the desktop…

The sync locations are not on the laptop and desktop. they are on the cloud locations (unless you use a local sync store).

Sorry, I can’t help you any more. Doing the setup exactly as documented in the Handbooks is proven to work. Doing all this other stuff is indeterminate to me. Perhaps others have guidance not in the Handbooks.

Hi Bluefrog. Is there a way to open up a ticket for this issue. I still can not resolve. Thank you for all your help.

Murat

Thanks for all the help and advice rmschne…

Here is an update. Created a new database again. As soon as I ad several pieces of content on the desktop and sync, I get the same error on the mobile device. If I clean the location on the desktop and resync, the error disappears until I add new content and sync again. Does that help identify the issue?

et al:
Thanks for the assistance. I’ve got a support ticket on this now.

Thank you…

Excellent. Out of interest for others, at the end when resolved, would be good to summarise the issue and resolution here.

Second this – I am experiencing what seems to be a very similar issue.

Next one, similar issue.

I normally use DEVONthink 3 on my laptop, so i may have missed this issue — but i’m pretty sure this never happened, before i installed the update of DevonThink 2 Go. A few days ago i had not a single issue getting my insurance documents on the tablet; now nothing syncs correctly.

Very annoying. All things i’ve changed is: Update DevonThink 2 Go and buying a life-time-licence :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome @pablom and @Quexpo

• Are you both using CloudKit syncs?
  • Are these new syncs or switching from another sync method?
  • What is the quality of your network connection like?

Me is using CloudKit, yes.
Doing this since is joined DEVONthink a bit more than a month ago.

Using Wireless LAN 100GB/s, never had issues before. (If anything shouldn’t be clear: i’m a native german speaker; as i have heared you have german roots too?, so i can try to explain it in german to, if required)

How many computers/devices use this sync store? And how many databases do you synchronize that way?

Macbook Air M1 (DEVONthink)
iPad Air 2020

3 Datebases