Markdown bullet point indent

Hello, I would like to suggest a possible improvements for markdown editing in DT3.

In DT3’s WYSIWYG markdown editor, when I create a bullet point ‘-’, click ‘enter’ and then ‘tab’, in the intent of creating a sub-point, it will yield the following results:

- point 1
- (tab)

The bullet point ‘-’ will not indent after pressing ‘tab’. Instead, DT3 will just create a ‘tab’ space after the ‘-’.

However, a more intuitive way for me, and also the behavior of other editors like iA writer would be:

- point 1
    - point 1.1

After pressing enter to create a new ‘-’ point, pressing tab will indent the whole bullet point ‘-’ to create a sub-point.

I think this would be a small but useful improvement in creating markdown list. Please consider.

2 Likes

In the meantime, in the new line where the “-” is presented for you, put your cursor before the “-” and press tab. Also (I cannot test this since I do not have iAWriter) you can “open with…” iAWriter or most any other editor the markdown document you store in DEVONthink to get your preference.

1 Like

Yes, please!

+1

Agreed, this would be a great addition built into the editor.

As a temporary measure I’ve created KM macros to provide this functionality. It’s a little hacky but does work pretty well in most scenarios.

Indent

Outdent

5 Likes

wow, this is good! thanks!

Yes, please, would love that functionality built into the Devonthink editor!!

Been waiting for this features for a long time. Indenting just arrived on DTTG. Please add for Mac as well.