Markdown Source view doesn't always display

Greetings,

I’m trying to integrate Markdown into my workflow more often, I may have discovered a bug in DT 3.6.1. If I’ve been entering text in the Side-by-side viewing mode, and switch the the Source mode, the page is completely blank. If I click out of of Source mode to Preview or back to Side-by-side mode, and then back to Source, the text appears.

Also, in Side-by-side mode, there’s a very noticeable lag between when I enter text in the source side, and when it shows up in the preview side. Perhaps this is by design, and is a feature? I’m not sure.

Cheers.

There is no actual “lag”. The preview doesn’t live update so it updates when DEVONthink auto-saves or you can manually save the document to update it.

Does the first issue you mentioned persist after quitting and relaunching DEVONthink?

Hey Jim!

Good to hear from you, as usual! I hope that all is great with you, and that you’re still doing your photography! I definitely am!

Ok, so that “lag” is “intentional” :smile:

Yep, that first issue persist through Quitting/relaunching. I haven’t rebooted in a while, but will do that, and get back to you.

Cheers!

Long time, no see! Not shooting as much as I’d like to be hopefully soon.

What OS are you seeing this on?

You are absolutely right in that I haven’t been around for a while. I guess I haven’t had a need, which is a good thing? Though I do always have questions, especially after 3.6 and 3.6.1 updates. :slight_smile:

I’m on Mac OS 10.5.7 with a supplemental update.

I try to get out and photograph everyday, or at least a few times a week. But here in the Bay Area, and most of California, we may be going back on a “shelter in place” soon, because of COVID. That will definitely put a damper on my photography!

Go off to the woods and shoot :slight_smile:

If we go on “lock down” like I suspect we will, then we have to stay within a 5 mile radius of our house, and the woods are a bit further than that. I may be able to get to the Bay however. :grinning:

then we have to stay within a 5 mile radius of our house

Shhh… I won’t say a word :wink:

Shhh… I won’t say a word :wink:

Neither will I! :rofl: