Markdown task syntax (in progress)

Just wondering if there’s any possibility of adding a third state (for in progress) to markdown task states i.e.

- [ ] incomplete task
- [x] completed task

- [-] task in progress

I’m guessing it’s not standard MultiMarkdown though.

Even the first two options aren’t supported by MultiMarkdown :slight_smile: Therefore it’s not impossible. However, there’s no suitable unicode character as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I do this. I have a Keyboard Maestro macro that cycles the item through three states:
— [ ▢ ]
— [ ~ ]
— [ :heavy_check_mark: ]

1 Like

Thanks @arasmus.

I’m not sure I understand though. How would these be rendered in DEVONthink?

I believe those are rendered as you see them.

1 Like

Jim’s mostly right.

But I now present you with the slippery slope of markdown customization. It’s not for the faint of heart.

In addition to my (many many) macros I also have a custom CSS. So this is how they render.

(Raw markdown, BBEdit)                                                             (Rendered in DEVONthink)

2 Likes

Slippery slope is right! Many, many macros sounds like the going into the maelstrom.

Why do I feel like I’ve been shown the dark ancient script of the Necromonicon :wink:

Yes but like the Necronomicon, it looks so cool!

I actually sling a lot of html through my markdown so I have some relatively complex layouts. Not worth doing unless you really like things the way you like things.

Nicely done! :slight_smile:

Joining the conversation late, but I did want to register interest in possibly seeing the DT markdown support expanded to include task list syntax (as per Extended Syntax | Markdown Guide).

This syntax is already supported, afaik.

Ah, indeed it is. I wasn’t adding the initial space between dash and bracket. Cheers.