Math Equations on web pages

I am trying to use D.T.P. as a replacement for event. Many of the web pages I save have math equations - they are saved beautifully into Evernote (using the clipping extension to save as a PDF), pretty nicely into OneNote, but they get garbled when clipping into Devonthink. Any advice?

Thanks

How about a URL or two to test?

This one I cannot figure out how to save into D.T.P. without first saving as a PDF:

damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/db275/c … Action.pdf

This one I can import using the Safari extension to save as a link for later retrieval, but I would prefer to have all of these imports available for reading offline:

damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/db275/c … Action.pdf

These are PDFs are don’t have any “garbled” data. That data is part of the PDF. Do NOT have the clutter-free option On when capturing a PDF loaded in a browser. (There’s no clutter to get rid of.)

Also, if you’re only getting a Bookmark, reboot your machine.

When I click on the safari D.T.P extension, it asks for permssion to allow page to open in DevonTP. When it imports, this is an example of what I see (bottom attachment) and the top attachment is what it should look like. I do not have the declutter option checked.

The URL you provided are to PDFs. PDFs import intact - the equations are part of the data.
Also, the data in the screencaps you just posted are not part of the PDF found at the provided URL.

I know you are trying to help me but what you see in these images is what I get - it is part of the PDF as seen by D.T.P.

The only way I can get Devontthink to import properly is to first export the web page as a PDF to my desktop, and then import in D.T.P.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or can explain to me why I cannot import these pages with the safari extension and have the equations show up properly?

I don’t know what web page you are looking at to get the screenshots that you have posted. They aren’t from the pdf links you posted before that, which are for pdfs (and both links are identical whereas you imply they are are different). I can import into DTPO from damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/db275/c … Action.pdf in at least three different ways and the equations are fine (not surprisingly, as Bluefrog points out, because they are pdfs). Your screenshots look as if they are for rendered Markdown html pages - can you provide the exact link that produces those screenshots?

vttoth.com/CMS/physics-note … ast-action

My apologies - I have been working with several of these math filled web pages

That’s better. The formatting of the equations is being called from external Javascript. The webarchive should load the Javascript and process the equations if you’re online. You could actually capture a PDF from the webarchive in DEVONthink after it has loaded the equations.

Note: There is no “clipping standard”. These things are developed independently and with their own solutions. Though our extension works in many instances, we have it on our list to enhance in the future. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
(Also, note that Evernote has 475+ employees and millions of dollars in funding. We are a small development house, completely self-contained and funded through our sales alone. And at one point, I heard rumor (though I didn’t try and substantiate it) they had at least 40 people working on the clipping extension technology.)

Thank you, got it. It’s a small extra step to export as PDF and then import into D.T.P. and perhaps I can even automate that.

You don’t need to export the PDF out of DEVONthink and import it back in.

You can capture the webarchive from your browser then right-click the content in DEVONthink and choose Capture > Single Page (or Paginated) PDF.