Memory issues when previewing pdf files

Dear community,

Recently I’ve run into some memory issues with certain pdf files. The files are not more than 1 MB, but when I mark them in Devonthink the program suddenly starts to consume a huge amount of memory (around 96GB), the rolling ball appears, and I have to force quit the program. It seems to me it is a "Finder Preview " issue, because I’ve also experienced it outside of Devonthink. When I use another third-party software like “Pdf VIewer” it does not happen. Have anybody else here experienced the same, and is there a fix?

Does the same happen when using Preview.app?

Where did you get the PDF?

Please ZIP and attach the PDF after you hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

Yes, the same happens when using the Preview app. I’m sure it is an Apple bug. Is there any way I can change the default preview app in Devonthink? It is not all files, just some.

No, you cannot change the default preview app in DEVONthink. It’s not using an external application. It’s using a PDF framework to display and work with the document.

PDF Viewer uses (and is made by the developers of) PSPDFKit so it does not use Apple’s PDFKit framework as Preview and DEVONthink do.

What versions of DT and MacOS? Also how much ram in your Mac?