Menu item "Open with" in Unregistered version

Hi. In Unregistered version of DEVONthink3 when I try to use the menu item Open with the Registration dialog window appears. Is it a bug or because I haven’t bought the license yet?
Thanks in advance.
Marcello

get the license and all your problems will go away.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, but now the function works correctly. Even without a license. Is such a random behavior normal, or should I continue to worry?

We have no other reports of this. Is is consistently reproducible on your machine?

There is no such thing, either it shows or it doesn’t.

Screen recorded when it happens and post it here.

Did you download the app from our website?

Thank you all for your interest.
@BLUEFROG: it is not reproducible, it was a random event.
@cgrunenberg: yes, I downloaded the software from your site via the Version 2 update feature.

I only have 21 hours to test the new version and then the trial period will expire, but I think I will buy the update. I used DEVONthink more often as an advanced “Finder” and as an Optical Character Recognizer, but in a few weeks I will retire from work and spend more time on all the possibilities offered by your program.
_ Marcello _

but in a few weeks I will retire from work and spend more time on all the possibilities offered by your program

Congratulations! :smiley:

@Hens: in this QuickTime file “Open with” doesn’t work
but: in this works

@BLUEFROG: :tada::fireworks::man_dancing::woman_cartwheeling::lollipop::star_struck::partying_face:

1 Like

What exactly did you do after making the first but before doing the second video? E.g. reboot the computer, relaunch DEVONthink, open/close databases, enter/remove licenses?

I’m sorry, in those circumstances I fiddled a little randomly. Maybe I just opened the other database. Later the first file also opened correctly with Preview.