"merge with remote database" on Inbox

I’ve got this weird message on the sync preferences on DT on my Mac. There’s nothing I can find in the manual about it. What do I do?

The local inbox was not fully merged with the remote inbox of this sync store, e.g. when a sync location was just added and it’s still in progress. Were any issues reported in the Log window?

Just one entry dated today - Inbox, failed database verification. Please repair.

repair showed 1 inconsistency, 2 missing files.

Repair failed. My DTTG inboxes have completely different contents, that I removed/moved from the inbox on the Mac several weeks ago.

How do I resolve this…

Look in the log. probably will give you a clue about the files missing which hopefully you can then understand what happened and what to do.

All the log says is files missing.

You need to tend to the missing files.
This is discussed in the Help > Documentation > Troubleshooting > Repairing a defective database > Missing Files section.

All the issues cleared up, and the inboxes on all devices synced up when I did an “empty trash” on the Devonthink on the main Mac.

Glad to hear it.

PS.

Same issue I think.

My Apple ID had to be reset.

Other apps have recovered OK, but DT’s stuck.

Maybe I’m supposed to clean data. Is this my data or just app’s? Couldn’t find in docs or pop-up.

Difficult to help with incomplete description. Try complete sentences and explanation.

Should be intelligible, I would have thought. I’m a fan of grammatical correctness, but time’s more valuable and this error’s already costing.

See first post for error. It’s the same, as I said.

Happy to supply any specific additional info required.

And did you follow the rest of the thread, including “Were any issues reported in the Log window?”

Yep, all the same as above.

The clean database command we discussed in the other thread got sync working again from MacOS.

Thought I wasn’t getting files back from DTTG, but after a few minutes they showed up too.

All sorted :sweat_smile: Thank you :raised_hands:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same “merge with remote database” issue today that prevented sync over local network. File>Verify & Repair Database solved the issue.

The alert triangle (upper right corner of the UI) provided information that the database needed to be repaired.

It should probably be said that this is a feature not a problem. DT prevented sync because of some issue that needed the user’s attention. It just wasn’t clear from the sync settings what next action needed to be taken to “merge” was. I kept looking for a “merge” action, but in this case what was needed was “verify and repair.”