Migrate from Keep It to DEVONthink

Hi all,

I’m a new DEVONthink user.

I moved from Evernote to “Keep It” on the Mac a few years ago. I have outgrown it, and am moving to DEVONthink.

I would like to bring over all my Keep It notes/items to DEVONthink. (Ideally via a tool like the existing File > Import > Notes from Evernote, or File > Import > Items from Yojimbo functions.)

I can Export All Files from Keep It, and there are options to export the metadata as JSON, Property List, or Plain Text.

I’ve done some test export/imports, and the biggest issue is the URL field. I have RTF Keep It notes which were “web clipped”, and show the original URL from where they were clipped. Bringing those into DEVONthink populates the URL field with a “/var/folders/hq/XXXXXXXXXXX/T/Evernote/XXXXXXX.html” URL, although the actual site URL is linked in the body text.

Has anyone had any success with exporting from Keep It to DEVONthink?

Thanks!

Keep It stores all its documents on iCloud Drive, I actually index some Keep It folders into a DEVONthink database. It would be a simple matter to do same and then move the folders into your DEVONthink database.

One thing I forgot to mention, if you have taken notes in Keep It’s proprietary .kptnote format, you will first need to export them to a text format that is compatible with DEVONthink. I could be mistaken, but I don’t think any other apps support the .kptnote format.