Migrating to Windows

Hopefully this topic is OK to discuss here.

I have been a long time user of DevonThink Pro Office and loved it. The main thing I do with it is scan in documents with a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, have them OCRd, and then send to DTPO. I then use DTPO to organize, search, etc.

For a variety of reasons, I’m not using Windows 10 as my daily driver and its a real pain to have my document library on a different machine all the time. The only thing I’m still really using the Mac for is this. I’d like to sunset it and get back to one machine.

Has anyone else migrated from DTPO to something else, and/or can recommend a PDF organization program for Windows that would give me similar abilities (but of course not as good, because DTPO is the best thing out there… just not available on Windows)? I have about 10GB of DTPO database files. I’m assuming there is no way to automatically migrate, but I’m guessing I can drag and drop from DTPO to whatever the destination software uses to ingest… even if it took a long time it would eventually get me there.

I’m not looking to go to Evernote… I’d prefer something that just does PDF organization, search, annotation, nothing more. I do use OneNote heavily, but don’t think that is a good PDF organization tool.

Any recommendations on software and/or migration approach to get me to Windows?

You can select as many groups / records as you’d like a use File > Export > Files and Folders to a newly created folder on your Desktop. This will export the records and groups but note that going to Windows will remove Tags as they’re not cross-platform compatible.

Thanks for the tip… really appreciate it.