I’d love more explicit window names to be able to navigate to them with the least possible ambiguity.
- I often have 5-10 DT (3.0.2) windows open: Inbox of some databases, some documents, tags list, Some groups I always get back to, …
- I use https://manytricks.com/witch/ to navigate between windows by name – same need that someone using the DT sub-menu “Windows” would have.
Issues (in order of importance for me):
- When in the (left) navigation panel the inbox of database “Alpha” is selected (under “Inboxes”), then its name becomes, “Alpha - Alpha”, which does not tell me it’s the inbox of Alpha.
- I do not know wether the window name represent a group, a tag, a document of which kind.
- When I have selected a Group, its ancestry does not show up ( I know there’s obviously length limits to this).
- When i have opened an epub in the mode “Best alternative”, the window title is “Cover”, and does not contain the document name anymore.