More keyboard shortcuts on iPad

The app is very hard to use when a keyboard is attached. Magic Keyboard trackport support is ok-ish, but the dragging and dropping things still feels unnatural and laggy.

Keyboard shortcuts I’d love to see in DTTGO (coming from the Mac version):

• Toggle edit to select documents instead of clicking “Edit”
  • Quickly group selected documents into a new group that I can name (not the current auto group feature)
  • Quick move to group
  • Quick jump/open group
  • Rename (right now we have to click on “Info”, then type a new name) and other document manipulations
  • Set selected text as document title
  • Don’t hijack CMD+TAB - the app often doesn’t let me tab into other apps and I have to use gestures to switch

… and I’m sure there are a lot more

Currently DTTGO really is more of a viewing app. It would be really great if I could just use my iPad to organize documents with my morning coffee instead of having to use my Mac.

Can we have more keyboard shortcuts on DTTGO on iPad please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

At least edit works, with cmd-E

Plus one for all of these plus a few more:

We can navigate through files right now but it requires option + command and the up or down keys. Why not just use the up and down keys?

Similarly, for renaming files, I would love to just use enter. These are the common functionalities across finder, even on ios, and would make navigating files and folders much easier on DTTG

1 Like

I presume “Toggle edit to select documents” means below:

I support your “Don’t hijack CMD+TAB”.

Just to share my experience — I use Globe+ArrowLeft in such cases.

1 Like

I wanted to give this topic a small bump. Been using my iPad + Keyboard a lot more as travel companion these days, and heavier organizing on the go is still a bit awkward because of the lack of proper keyboard shortcuts for basic things

Currently I only actually organize things on the iPad when I have enough spare time, like while waiting for a flight, but most of it just gets delegated to when I’m back on my Mac

Would love to see a more keyboard centric update for DTTGO in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

for basic things

Such as?

Still a lot of the things in my initial post. For example:

• Quick move
  • Quick go to (and other keyboard-centric navigation)
  • Set title as
  • Rename whatever is selected in the sidebar (“Info” only works on documents and not groups, so it’s not possible to rename a group with keyboard only)
  • Other quick actions like OCR

But it got a lot better since then, and it’s als great to see more stuff getting implemented over time, for example:

• Selecting multiple documents with shift + up/down
  • Navigate with arrow keys
  • Group documents
  • Toggle between edit/view

I think the biggest pain points are moving things around within the database (across groups) and data management. The optimal would be if DTTGO would be fully usable with keyboard only and wouldn’t require switching from keyboard to touch to back to keyboard

1 Like