Move images with MD

Thanks again for this feature. Images dragged and dropped or copied and pasted from outside DEVONthink will be copied into a group in the current location.

This seems to be similar to the Annotations structure. When an annotation is created/made, the annotation is created in the group, Annotations.

For Annotations, if we move the MD file to another database, the respective annotations will be moved to the new database under the same folder/group structure, Annotations.

Is it possible that, in the future release, when we move the MD file to another database, the images in the Assets group are also moved to the new database under the same folder/group structure, Assets, just like the annotations?

This is preferential, not required.

Is it possible that, in the future release, when we move the MD file to another database, the images in the Assets group are also moved to the new database under the same folder/group structure, Assets, just like the annotations?

The request is noted, with no promises. But according to your screen capture, the Assets group is made as a subgroup of the Markdown document. So if you simply contain the Markdown document in a group from the start, you can move the entire group. That would include the Markdown document and the_Assets_ subgroup.

The Assets group didn’t create as a subgroup of the Markdown document. It is at the same level. Is there anything I did wrongly?

Yes it did. The Markdown document is in the root of the database and so is the Assets group. Put the Markdown document into a group, then drop an image into the Markdown document.

I created a Testing Group. Then I create a Markdown document in the Testing Group. I copy and paste an image into the Markdown document. The image is created in a Assets group that is the same level as the Markdown document, not as a subgroup of the Markdown document.

You can’t have “a subgroup of a Markdown document”. It is a subgroup of the parent group of the Markdown document, do it is correct as shown in your screen capture.

Every Markdown document needs to have its own group? This will result into too many groups.

If I have two Markdown documents in the same group, the images are all in the same Assets group. If I only want to move one Markdown document to another database, I cannot move the Markdown document and the Assets group (which has the image of other Markdown documents).

So, this is back to my original request. To be able to move respective images with Markdown document to another database, similar to moving the respective annotation with Markdown document to another database.

Every Markdown document needs to have its own group? This will result into too many groups.

This is a matter of perspective, not universally accepted. And obviously you can have multiple related Markdown documents in the same group. They would just share the same Assets subgroup. If you intend to move the Markdown document, yes you could put it in its own group. This is not an unusual or uncommon way to handle things.

And I already said your request is noted.