Move item to another group via shortcut, then go to that group

Does anybody have a script for moving an item to another group via shortcut, and immediately after it go to that target group?

Why not just favorite the group, drag and drop to the favorite, then click the favorite?

Also, in a script how would you be defining what group is the destination? I’m guessing you’d expect it to work with any group.

Since I do this countless times a day (processing my inbox), I need to have a generic solution that works for an arbitrary group. So favouriting it won’t work.

Also, in a script how would you be defining what group is the destination?

My idea is this:

1. Move to a target folder (via picker)
  2. Change modification date/time of that group
  3. Jump to the latest modified group

This kind of logic is applied by Alfred App. Whenever I search and go to a folder via Alfred App, it changes the modification date/time of that folder (it touches the folder). So next time I search for a folder with that name (let’s suppose it is named invoices), the latest modified folder is presented first, even if I have many folders containing the word invoices in them.

Off topic: Similar logic could be applied in DEVONthink as well narrowing search results whenever we want to jump to a group via shortcut: prioritize the groups higher that I have been jumping to lately, show them as top results in my searches. - DEVONthink always keeps the folder tree, that’s fine, but I have dozens and dozens of folders and subfolders with search words that are present in many folders. Showing me the whole tree with all occurrences without any other narrowing down makes this feature hard to use.

Whenever I search and go to a folder via Alfred App, it changes the modification date/time of that folder (it touches the folder).

:thinking:
Touching a folder could be problematic in many instances.

I have an idea but I’m discussing it with Development.

1 Like