Moving a Group to Another Database

I cannot move one group (with its subgroups) to another database. After option-clicking on the group, I select Move To, and from there the new database and group where I want the selected group to land.

However, the group is not moving. In File/Action, the Log shows the path of the groups that I want to move. In the Info section of the Log, I see the following message: “UUID already in Database.” What does that mean? and more importantly, how do I move the group to the databases where I want it?

I am using DTPO 2.

Can you move other groups, but not this particular group?

Try doing a verify & repair on the destination database and see if there are any issues. The log error suggests there might be.

I did verify and repair. There are several files that are missing and cannot be repaired.

I still cannot move the groups I want, but I was able to move another group back and forth without a problem.

What else can I try?

This usually can be fixed by using File > Update Indexed Items

If you open the Help menu, then press the Option key, the “Contact Us” item becomes “Report A Bug”. Click that to create an email to Support contain useful information for Support to review the issue.

If the group contains emails, they are already present in the destination database. You can’t have more than one record with the same UUID and emails are the common cause of this warning.

I was able to solve the issue when an email was the problem for another group, but this group is not showing specifically that the problem is an email.

I tried File> Update Indexed Items, and then Verify & Repair and again File > Update Indexed Items, but the errors are still there. Should I try something else?

Have you identified the problem file?

No, this time the log is not showing me the problem file. In the earlier instnace, it was an email, as you wrote.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket and we’ll see if we can get this figured out.