Moving files

I’m a new user of Devonthink Pro Office. Here is my question.

I have a few different named databases and my desktop.

From my Desktop I move a file to DB-A, I then trash the file from the desktop and it is now in DB-A and in the trash.

I discover I wanted to put the file in DB-B so I move the file from DB-A to DB-B. I now have the file in two DB’s. Now I have to go to DB-A and delete it from DB-A. Is there a way to just move the file and not have to go back and delete it from DB-A?

Thanks
Bob

New in public beta 6 is a true Move To operation to move one or more selected items from one database to another.

In your example, using Move To on selected document(s) and/or group(s) will move them from DB-A to DB-B. Items moved in this way will no longer be present in DT-A, but only in DB-B.

There are two options to carry out Move To, both involving prior selection of the item(s) to be moved:

1. Control-click (right click) on the selected item(s) and choose the contextual menu option, Move To. Navigate to the desired database/group and click.

2. Click-hold on the selected item(s) and start dragging, then hold down the Command key. Drag and drop to the desired database/group and release. Note that this works to move selected item(s) from one database to another in the left sidebar, for example to another database in the list of open databases, or to a group in the Favorites list. It will also work when dragging into the Groups panel.

If you wish to copy rather than move content from one database to another, simply drag & drop without pressing the Command key. OR select the content, Control-click (right click) on it and choose the contextual menu option, Duplicate To. Navigate to the desired database/group and click.

Great - Thanks, Bob