Moving from Evernote

I’ve searched the Forum for this question but all the answers I’ve found seem to be quite old – unless I’ve missed the pertinent ones.

What’s the best way to move my notes (about 350) from Evernote to DEVONthink 3.0?

TIA, Martin

File > Import > Notes from Evernote or exporting the notes out of Evernote and importing those into DEVONthink both work.

PS: The current version of DEVONthink is 3.5.1, in case you haven’t updated.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

@BLUEFROG as Evernote has Notebooks, would you recommend importing each into its own DT Database? I haven’t yet figured out what “Database” means in the DT context, and why one would not want to put everything into a single Database.

Thanks.

You certainly could do either. That’s largely a matter of personal choice.

I’d suggest you read the Help > Documentation > Getting Started chapter as it covers the general overview of what DEVONthink is and does. It also includes a section on thinking about data organization I think will be helpful to you.

Thanks. I don’t see Documentation under Help. I see Tutorials, and DevonThink Help. Under DTH I see “Take the tourist bus” but no “Getting Started.”

Help > DEVONthink 3 Help > … but yes you can “take the tourist bus” too, as that’s where I suggest you start.

1 Like

Very good. Help > DEVONthink 3 Help > doesn’t have a “Getting Started” option, but if one goes clicks on “Documentation” there is a “Getting Started” page.

Thank you.