Multiple triggers for smart rule

Hello,
is there a way to trigger a smart rule with more than just one trigger?
e.g. i would like to run it on both “import” and “sync”
thank you

That’s not possible yet although DEVONthink 3 is internally prepared for such scenarios. As lots of checkboxes aren’t a good idea (we tried this internally, looks like a cockpit :slight_smile: ), one simple possibility coming to my mind would be to select multiple triggers in the popup by clicking the shift modifier key. What do you think?

2 Likes

yea, i didn’t think that checkboxes are a good idea there anyways. figured it would be more along the lines of a PLUS sign to the right of the trigger and pressing it gives another line identical to the first. the entire block is then unionized with an OR (“on import” OR “on sync” etc)

one simple possibility coming to my mind would be to select multiple triggers in the popup by clicking the shift modifier key. What do you think?

Hijacking this thread for a moment…
I would like to see the Shift select in the column headers contextual menu for List view to more quickly enable/disable headers.

/ducks and runs away :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i find all that SHIFT stuff really hard to discover to be honest.
and i agree with @BLUEFROG, hiding the menu every time i select a column/header isn’t super user friendly :wink:

It’s actually the default handling of macOS, it’s probably like that everywhere (e.g. in Mail or Finder too). But there are other, more flexible plans to improve this in the future.

I’d find it useful to have the ‘Case of’ (failing that, the equivalent of ‘Else if…’) construct implemented in Smart Rules, please :smile: .

I want to be able to move each/all of several bank statements, which are imported into DT’s Inbox through OS Services, to the relevant/correct (sub)Group which I identity by ‘parsing’ (!) the filename.

I have multiple bank accounts. So would like to be able to identify and move:

• if the filename contains Bank A (and is a PDF etc), then move to the subGroup for Bank A
  • if the filename contains Bank B (and contains a two-digit month etc), then move to the subGroup for Bank B
  • if the filename contains Bank C (etc), then move to the subGroup for Bank C

etc.

My apols if this is already possible - and thanks!

1 Like

It is not possible without scripting at this time.
Adding conditional logic adds quite a layer of complexity to the situation.
Independent smart rules are required.
And no promises, but the request is noted.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks. Thought so. Maybe AppleScript?

Yes, that would be the suggest route for those so inclined.