New iCloud Sync: "Couldn't upload 3 pending files" error

Just enabled new iCloud Sync and I’m getting this error.

I’ve located the local database that is giving the error, verified and repaired without any error, and revised all indexed items.

And still is giving that error. How can I know what are the offending files?

You can create a Smart Group in DEVONthink with criteria of: Instance is Pending.

Do you know as more use DT, more like it? :smiley:

(And DTG, of course).

I had this problem also and it was driving me mad!

I finally stumbled across an old blog post with the smart group suggestion. I created that and found one file, but no matter what I did I couldn’t get it to resolve the pending status.

I deleted the file and still no luck. Eventually, I tried emptying the entire trash inside DTPO. That fixed it.

TLDR: Try emptying your trash.

In my case, were three files that were in my NAS remote synced database but not locally. Once I deleted them from inside DTPO (yes, even from the Trash can) all started working fine.

And one of the great things of this product is it even synchronize the Trash can… that allows you to recover from a mistake. Even when you empty the program Trash, deleted items go to the macOS one…

I’m having the same error after setting up an iCould sync. I keep getting “Couldn’t upload 270 files” I’ve tried the Smart Group with “Instance is Pending” and I get 5 files in there. I’ve emptied my Trash and still no luck.

Do you have indexed files? Verify they are in the disk. I had same issue, as I have disabled automatically indexing files.

I’m not aware I have any indexed files. I can I tell? Also, is there any way to tell what files are Pending?

@Les: Are you referring to DEVONthink or DEVONthink To Go?

I just purchased DTG and the Premium Feature add on and set up an iCloud sync on DTPO. I have 2 databases I’m trying to sync on my iPhone and iPad. One is an import I do each week of my Apple Email called email. After setting up the iCloud sync I can see about every 6 minutes in the Activity log I see “email: Downloading Items from iCloud” and in the Log I see " Couldn’t upload 270 pending files" I’ve attached the screenshots.

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 5.42.57 PM.png

In DEVONthink, hold the Option key and select Help > Report Bug.

Bug report sent. Ticket #615864