New Pubmed search results in only 20 results

Hello,

using the new search form in DT Office Professional 2 I always get only 20 results - although 103 results exist (in normal Pubmed search). How can I solve this problem? For my reasearch I need all occurences.

Thanks!
Bernd Neumann

The default bin size for entrez query results at NCBI is 20.

The applescript that is used to run the search could be updated with a parameter specifying a larger maximum number of results. You could certainly set it to 100 or 1000, but I don’t think that doing this in the DT environment is really advisable. With ad hoc queries and large result sets, it is probably better to use PubMed in a web browser or one of the dedicated apps (Sente, Bookends, etc.).

That said, a tool some might find useful for reasonable numbers of hits is a script that imports the current set of results on a PubMed web page. It is relatively easy to extract the PMIDs from the HTML page by relying on the DOM (Safari, not sure if that is feasible in Firefox). I have considered doing this myself, but just never find the time.

BTW, it is highly instructive to read Christian and Eric’s AppleScripts. They are wonderfully crafted.