New User Migrating from Evernote

Hello all,

I’m a new user considering migration from Evernote. I read most of the supporting documentation and did some searches and I can’t seem to find a solution to two problems:

1. When I imported my evernote notebooks many imbedded notebooks were created. Some were intuitive, for example a previous note had 3 movies and a notebook was created with 3 separate files. Most, however, were not. Many “lumping” notebooks have unrelated information. My workflow before was to create notebook for a project so I was heavily invested in my notebook organization. Is there a way to turn off the automatic creation of notebooks? Is this advisable? I have roughly 5k notes, so the import ask is large.

2. With my import OODLES of tags were created. Many have system-like names such as 88a;background-… I went from roughly 100 planned organizational tags to many more! It makes the tag list less user friendly. How do I prevent this, or if I can’t, what’s the best way to batch delete them.

Thanks all for any help or support. I’m not convinced DEVONthink is for me but I’d like to give it a shot by using it properly.

Welcome @HeavyResurch

1. We have no control over the import process from Evernote. We use their AppleScript mechanism to do the import. You could always try exporting notebooks from within Evernote and importing them.

2. I am not seeing any such behavior from importing Evernote notebooks. Have you added RSS feeds?
    If you select the Tags group, you can select and delete Data > Move to Trash or press Command-Delete.

Thanks for the reply!

Regarding #2, selecting the group and deleting was exactly what I was looking for! I was trying through the navigator (which didn’t work).

You’re welcome :slight_smile: