New Version of DEVONthink 3.9.5

2 Likes

To the excellent DEVONtechnologies team: could we get more information about this new feature?

Disabling the clipboard seems like it would also prevent being able to copy text out of DEVONthink into other applications, thus affecting basic copy-paste operations. Is that what will happen if this preference is set, or is the “macOS shared clipboard” mentioned above something other than the regular (for lack of a better way to call it) clipboard?

Hi,

Has the processing of Smart Groups changed somehow in this release? I need to click the Unread smart groups for it to update. This is something that wasn’t needed before (for me at least).

Best regards,
Björn

This affects only the find clipboard which isn’t identical to the normal clipboard used by copy/paste.

4 Likes

I recognize this one :-). Thanks for this fix.

2 Likes

Not intentionally, we’ll check this.

1 Like

I have found the same issue

It’s indeed a regression, the next maintenance release will fix this.

1 Like

Thanks for adding this!

After updating to v.3.9.5 “Unread” no longer functions, by which I mean that new unread items no longer appear in “Unread,” and reading items that were in “Unread” prior to the update - via direct inspection in their databases - no longer removes those items from “Unread.” Unless there’s an easy fix for this, I’ll be purging 3.9.5 and reinstalling 3.9.4.

This had already been reported earlier in this this thread.

2 Likes

Inconsistent Undo behavior when highlighting text in a PDF

To highlight selected text in a PDF, you can click either (1) Format > Highlight or (2) any color option in Format > Highlight color.

Option (1) can be reversed using Edit > Undo or command-Z.

Option (2), however, cannot be reversed in this way. Apparently an undo command has been executed – the Edit > Undo action would grayed out when I press command-Z – but the highlight would remain. I have to control-click the highlighted section and click Remove Highlight for a manual removal.

AFAIK this inconsistency only happens to PDF documents. In my HTML and Web Archive documents, I can undo either highlight method with command-Z.

I just updated and it seems the “summarize annotations” no longer works. Can you check it?

What kind of documents did you try to summarize? An example document would be useful.

This is a known shortcoming of PDF editing and not related to the latest release.

@cgrunenberg. Thanks. I tested three different pdfs. I highlighted and try to summarize them. Nothing happened. Any guidance?

Hi,

Since 3.9.5 update :

• Renaming favorites is not retained after DT3 restart
  • Smart groups are not automatically updated, need to modify and save to get smart group updated

Works fine over here, therefore such a PDF would be useful plus the macOS version number,

Thanks for the bug report, fixed for the next release. In the meantime the name sticks if there are additional changes, e.g. add/remove/reorder favorites.

@cgrunenberg. Sonoma 14.3.1. I did another test. I opened the PDF in Preview and highlighted it. Then, I opened it in DT and used the summarize option. Everything worked well. What is your email to send the pdf used in my experiment?