Newbe questions: Hotkey for add tag, & moving databases

Hi there!

I’ve just started using DTPO for some fairly expansive research, and so far it’s amazing - like many though I’m still trying to get my head around how the whole thing works, specifically:

1. This might be a stupid question, but is there a hotkey (or way to set a hotkey) for adding tags (basically so one could navigate through documents (arrows) & type-in tags all from the keyboard)? -this would save a huge amount of time classifying documents etc. Also, is there a list of available hotkeys/keyboard shortcuts - I’ve been out searching but haven’ been able to find one yet.

2. What’s the safe procedure to physically move a database (ie form one place in the hard-drive to another, or to another harddrive)?

3. Finally, does anyone have any suggestions/links outlining good ways to collate/search notes and (if possible) annotations. Optimum workflow would be to annotate (eg) pdfs within DTPO and be able to list/search upon the annotation text (comments & highlighted).

Thanks to all - sorry if these are questions that have been answered elsewhere, & nice to have joined such a vibrant community.
Cstl

See:

How to move data base?

There are lots of threads discussing copying/synching/moving dbs… it’s certainly a FAQ-worthy Q&A. :slight_smile:

Brillant - thanks very much! (& apologies - not sure how I managed to miss that).

Ill keep looking & post what I find, but advice out there on the tagging hotkey would be much appreciated indeed…

It’s harder to find what you’ve never seen before. :slight_smile:

You could use the Tags bar and the (Shift) Ctrl-Tab shortcuts to cycle through the various fields/panes of the windows.

See viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10381 for some scripts to simplify tagging in search windows.