Hi all. Just tried out scanning with DevonThink 3 and I have a few questions:
- Although the paper size in File/Page Setup… is set, correctly, to “US Letter”, whenever I pick View/Import/Devices/HP OfficeJet, I have to change the paper size from A4. For each scanning session, or is there a way to set this as a preference?
- What is a binder (mentioned a few times in the manual, but not defined in the Glossary)?
- In scanning from the flatbed, is there an option to scan several documents as one PDF file? (for instance, a few pages from one book)
- After putting the document in the scanner, entering a name, setting the paper size, clicking “OCR”, I clicked the “Overview” button. The image from the scanner appeared; at that point, I expected to be able to select the area to be scanned but couldn’t find a way to do it; is this supported (or should the documents be cropped after scanning)?
- I then clicked the “Scan” button. The scanner appeared to scan, but the “Log” window opened and there was my document’s name, with info “No text”. Well… OK, maybe: this is the cover page of a booklet entitled “50 Things to Make in a Muffin Pan”. It looks like text to me, but maybe the machine views it only as an image. At any rate, I then clicked the “Save” btn (bottom of the Log window). This produced a save dialog asking for a name and a location. I did, but realized that this was to save the log, not my scanned document… Does this mean I can only scan actual text?
So anyway, I scanned the document with the HP app and imported it into DevonThink. It has been OCR’d properly as far as I can tell.