No suggestions in Classify window...

Hi-

I recently upgraded to the latest version of DT Pro Office, and for the life of me, I can’t figure out why nothing is populating the suggestions list in the classify window. I’ve tried converting the PDF to a searchable document, but the window remains blank. When I go to my client files and click on a document that was imported/scanned with the ‘old’ version of DT, I get a list of suggested places to move…

I’m feeling like there’s an issue with OCR as the doc is scanning in from my ScanSnap, but have no clue as to how I should proceed…

Thanks in advance for any help!

~jd

Where’s the document located, in the global inbox or in another database? And does the database contain groups not excluded from classification?

I have a similar problem/question with the classify feature not as severe as jdeuel’s issue.

I routinely add register receipts from a particular vendor. DTPO does make suggestions but they are always wrong with this particular vendor. The strange thing is that within the See Also window, it correctly identifies all the other similar receipts from this vendor. So, the See Also window is working 100% but the Classify window works on many/all receipts but none from this particular vendor.

cgrunenberg asks if jdeuel’s database contains groups “not excluded from classification”. How is this determined?

BTW, the receipts I’m trying to classify are in the Inbox within the active & open database, not the universal Inbox. I also tried rebuilding the database but that didn’t help.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Regards,
Mike

Select the group, open the Info panel and check the “Exclude from…” options.

BINGO! Problem solved. Thanks cgrunenberg.

Hi-

The document was in the Global Inbox, which I found this morning does not support the classify pane. Not a huge deal for me, as I only use one database, and changed my preferences accordingly.

Thanks!

JD