no trouble, question about PDF + text

Hello,

I am evaluating the OCR option in the Office version. So far it works surprisingly well even with transcriptions of non-European languages.

Still, they are not perfect, so I wonder whether and how it is possible to get rid of the text somehow if necessary – better OCR capabilities in the future, results too bad anyway etc.

I just want to make sure that there is no need for me to keep the original scan.

Thanks,
Maria

Maria

It is easy to remove the text from a pdf using Adobe Acrobat Pro. You “Scan Document” and then select “Hidden text” and remove it. I don’t know how to remove the scanned text without using Acrobat. It would seem easy for Devon-Think or PDFPen to add this feature, but I don’t think they have them.

A

Alan,

Thanks for your reply. So there is a solution for my problem, though buying Acrobat Pro should be no option for me.

So, is keeping the original scan in addition still the only solution?

Thanks for any idea,

Maria

Maria

I have read on this forum that DevonThink can re-scan your document so that the old text is erased and new scanned text is put in its place. I am having problems with OCR on my computer, so I can’t test this. However, I imagine that the effort to keep two copies of every document would not be worth it. I mean, if the OCR is faulty, you can just ignore it, and re-scan in the future if software gets better.

A

Hi,

that would be the solution. Thanks!

Maria